Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 163 - A challenge....

Good morning everyone!  The day has dawned with a promise of being beautiful.  We have been so blessed this winter!  We had one cold snap with lots of snow and it has been nice since.  I wonder what Mother Nature has in store for us this spring as it is only the middle of March and Alberta to boot.  She's a lady of many wonders and we never get a chance to truly figure her out.

I would like to offer a challenge to all of you that are following my blog and on a weight loss journey.  Some of us seem to be a little stalled in our journey and I think some friendly competition is in order.  I hereby challenge all of you to lose 24.75 pounds before May 31, 2010.  That is 77 days from tomorrow, and equals 2.25 pounds per week.  The prize will be $100.00 (Cdn) in the currency of your choice (easier to mail a money order than a gift).  The rules are simple:

1.  You must be a follower of my blog as of today
2.  You have to obtain the 24.75 pound lose before I do and you must do it by May 31st.  As I have no way of verifying your lose I will trust that all will be honest.
3.  You must blog daily and record what your meals have been, if you miss a day you will be disqualified.

 If you accept this challenge reply to this post with your current weight and we will start tomorrow.  Good luck to all that would like to participate.


Breakfast
1 small banana (60 calories)
1 strawberry/banana/yogurt smoothie (130 calories)
1 cup maxicchino (60 calories)

Lunch
1 serving shell-less taco salad (380 calories)
1/2 cup diet jello w/whipped topping (20 calories)

Dinner
4 oz roasted skinless, turkey breast (140 calories)
1/2 cup stove top stuffing (110 calories)
6 oz steamed asparagus (40 calories)

9 comments:

  1. i love that idea
    i actually am already part of one of these kinds of challenges for $100 so i will not be taking part in this one but i will tell you we started ours in feb and it is going to april 1st and it was so much fun
    we went by percentage loss
    and we did it in trackdiet.com
    so much fun and i think i won everyone is at 3% so far and im at 6%
    yipee lol
    challenges make losing weight alot more fun
    have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is such an awesome idea. I would like to add to the prize pool - could you email me so we could chat about it? skippyaveoATgmailDOTcom

    I am excited to see how this goes and I will post about this on my blog too! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll probably disqualify myself by forgetting to post one day, but count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I should mention, the above isn't my weight loss blog. That's http://lessofmethehardway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Tessa what a great idea! LoL, $100 is great motivation haha. Since I'm already a follower, and I already post what I eat every day on my blog, it just wouldn't make sense for me NOT to do it: so Count Me In!
    I JUST got off the scale and you said to reply with our weight... so here it is: 295. (For some reason it's hard to actually post that on someone else's blog... LOL!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- what if you are first to get there!?! You deserve a reward if you beat all of us!!! Make sure to let us know how we can work that out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just signed up to be a follower of your blog. Count me in. I haven't been blogging everyday but I should because it helps and I stopped posting my meals awhile ago and I should do that too for the accountability. I might miss a day and get kicked out but I'm going to try really hard.

    My normal official weigh in is Monday so would it be okay if I post my starting weight tomorrow? If not then we can use my weight from last week of 271 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I maintained from last week anyway so my weight is still 271 pounds to start no matter which weigh in you use..

    ReplyDelete