Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 162 - Shopping day, lots of walking .......

Not sure how much shopping I am planning on doing but I am going for a walk with hubby and the Pugs later.  First I have a hair appointment as it's getting a little unruly and I need a confidence boost.  I went walking yesterday at work (5 blocks) and that felt good.  So have started to incorporate some exercise into my routine.  Wish I could do a bit more at a time but this crappy artificial knee limits me to how much it will tolerate at one time.  The oxymoron is I know if the weight comes off the knee will function better, man everything in life seems to be centred on how much a person weighs. 

I was reading Jenny's blog and she was talking about being a perfectionist.  I can totally relate as that is me also.  Yet the one thing that I have never been able to be perfect at is controlling my weight.  Strange how that is, but the operative word in that sentence is controlling, I have to learn that I have no power to control anything especially when it comes to things around me.

Breakfast
4 canned apricots w/juice drained off (60 calories)
4 oz yogurt (35 calories)
1 cup maxacchino (60 calories)

Lunch
1 serving shell-less taco salad (380 calories)
4 oz clamato juice (35 calories)

Dinner
4 oz pork tenderloin stirfried w/1 tablespoon sweet & sour sauce (245 calories)
6 oz stirfried veggies (celery, mushrooms, peppers, onions) (50 calories)
4 oz salad w/1 tablespoon dressing (60 calories)
1/2 cup diet jello w/1 tablespoon whipped topping (15 calories)

I prepared the stirfry a little differently tonight as before I was adding the vegetables to the meat and then measuring out 10 oz (4 oz meat & 6 oz veggies), but I think I was getting more protien than veggies so decided that this way I was getting exactly as I was supposed to.  All total is 940 calories for the day and I feel fine, lots of energy and no cravings.  This is so simple to follow and tastes so good I can't believe that I have fallen so many times.  I did about half an hour on the Wii this afternoon as it was too cold to go for a walk.  We had a strong north wind and snow flurries this morning and the Pugs hate being cold.  So thought I would substitute the Wii for the walk.  Think I'll do some bowling this evening as that is always fun too.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the walk - that is awesome. Especially with the artificial knee. It will get easier the more you do it I bet.

    I used to be a perfectionist and in control of my world - if I couldn't do it right I wouldn't do it until I figured out how. After being diagnosed with Lupus and put into a wheelchair I have discovered that perfection and control aren't what they are all cracked up to be.

    Staying alive to see my youngest child grow to adulthood, my older kids marry and have their own kids and being able retire with my husband? That is what my world is now....just trying to manage my disease so I make it.

    ...it is all just a few years within my reach, but who knows? I guess it is similar to being overweight? If continued on this path of being obese you won't make it any longer than I will and that is sad.

    I think the only difference is I can't make Lupus go away [nor did I cause it] You have the option to stop and fix it. I wish I did.

    As always I wish you the best. I know you can do this. :D

    ReplyDelete