Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 144 - Jog on the spot ......

Good morning everyone!  I haven't got much to say yet this morning except.......I feel gooooooood!!!  I remember the last time that I tried this food plan I didn't much stick to it.  I would step on the scale and see that I was down a couple of pounds and then get complacent and eat things I wasn't supposed to.  This time I am doing what I am supposed to.  I started walking on my breaks at work again yesterday.  The weather has been ideal for a short 10 minute walk.  I need to take advantage of it well I can, especially since this is Alberta and it could very well be 40 below.  It was nice this morning to be able to put on my jeans and not struggle to get the zipper done up.

There was a time that I remember not being able to get into a pair of jeans with a zipper.  My highest weight ever was 320 lbs.  At that time I could hardly find sweat pants and tops that would fit me.  My wedding dress was a size 28.  That was 8 years ago.  I decided at that time that when the time arrived and I could throw away the sweat pants and get into jeans again I would never again wear anything with eleastic in the waist.  I have stuggled this past while to get into my jeans but have managed to do it.  Then I realized I don't want to struggle.  I want to be able to put them on and do them up without laying on the bed and then be cut in half because they were so tight.  Or worse yet, wear bigger shirts so I could leave the button open for a little bit of comfort.  How stupid was that.  Well this morning they went on fine, I got them zipper and buttoned no problem and I can even leave the button done up.

Breakfast
6 oz cataloupe
4 oz yogurt

Lunch
4 oz roast beef
6 oz steamed vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower)
6 oz salad w/ 1 tablespoon low calorie French dressing

Dinner
6 oz salad with 1 tablespoon low calorie Ranch dressing
10 oz beef sitrfry (8 oz leftover roast beef cut in thin strips, 1 med onion, 1 lge green pepper, 1 cup fresh mushrooms, stirfry together in nonstick pan and add 4 tablespoons tereyaki sauce (40 calories), I then split this with hubby

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your wonderful comment on my blog and congrats on the pants success! :) I love it when I don't have to gasp or suck it in to zip up mine...and I too remember the days where pretty much all the clothing I had didn't have zippers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a great feeling being able to fit into your clothes comfortably! I am not there yet, but I will be! Congrats for sticking to the plan :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great about your pants! Must feel really good, I will know how it feels someday soon lol. I don't fit in to any of my zipper pants, so it's stretchy waist for me still. Soon enough though :)

    ReplyDelete