Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 131 - No whte flour today....

Ok, so I have had my pity party now it's time to get really serious about this.  I am gonna pick myself up, dust myself off and stop feeling sorry for myself.  It's not the end of world cuz I'm still breathing and as long as I have a breathe left in me I am gonna fight these demons that are making me eat so foolishly.  I sometimes wish I had chosen to be some other type of addict at least that way I would have the option of going cold turkey.  Unfortunately, for us food addicts that is not an option.  I just have to keep reminding myself that it is only fuel for my body and a horrible monster that can get out of hand if I don't control it.

Breakfast
1/2 banana
1/2 cup yogurt

Lunch
2 cups garden salad with 1 tablespoon low cal dressing
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 baby bell cheese

Dinner
1 oz Cdn back bacon
1 scrambled egg
1 slice whole wheat toast

You ladies are absolutely awesome.  Even when I sound like a spoiled brat you praise me and encourage me, that is more than I deserve.  Food addiction is the worst type of addiction in my eyes.  You can't just stop doing "it".  If we could it would be so easy.  I regularly attend a 12 step program (although I didn't go tonight because of this rotten cold) and it does help.  I just have so much pent up anger and frustration, especially with myself, that I have a hard time letting go.  I am thinking about changing the name of my blog, Fat to Thin in One Year, is not only going to be impossible now but it sounds rather ridiculous as well.  Do you have any ideas?  Would love to hear them.  Thanks again for all your support.  I'm not quitting just getting ready for round two. 

I also took the Quaker mini crisps out of my lunch menu as I realized they had white flour in them and that was to be avoided today.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I never thought about it that way - the different type of addictions. Thank you. It makes such sense.

    Now go on and have a healthy, happy day! It is a great day for getting right back on the bandwagon, right?

    Take care and I hope you have a great day. See you tomorrow. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. great attitude
    your doing great
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree...you can't give up food cold turkey like alcohol or cigarettes. BUT, you can do it! You are doing awesome. To have made it 135 days is HUGE! Thanks for all your support on my site, as well! I am following your journey and I wish you the best!

    Megan
    http://meganonadiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having about 130 pounds to loose myself, I definatly agree with food addiction being a very real thing... i would be carefull about saying its the worst addiction, or wishing u were addicted to something else. Thank God you are not on hard drugs and ask for help for the food addiction... thats my opinion on that :)

    I'm sorry you had a bad day monday :( I feel for you.
    I do have a suggestion, I see that sometimes you have a lot to eat at one time, mostly for lunches. (Like a salad, cottage cheese, bell cheese, apple sauce). After you eat the salad and one of those side items, try and stop. If you eat less, your stomach truely does shrink! Mine has, i can tell now because i get full so much faster....
    So Lets say you had the salad and cottage cheese. Then you could have the apple sauce later for a snack, or the cheese or whatever.
    That's how I've been doing it, since jan 1st (with the expetion of Super Bowl) and i think it's really working for me. I don't get hungry so much now that I'm used to the smaller portions, AND I have lost 14 pounds :) Woo HOO! lol.

    Also, I try and drink about 4 glasses of water a day, also helps me stay full. Do you drink water through out the day? you should try, it really does help (and I swear my skin is better too!)

    I think a new title would be awesome. Don't have nothin for ya though lol. Better Late then Never? Or Slow and Steady Looses the Weight?
    Thanks for being so honest and I'm glad you are not giving up!!!!

    ReplyDelete