Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 92 - 287 lbs

Happy New Year everyone.  Wow the start of a brand new year and with God's grace I will be able to accomplish all the things that are dear to me.  Number 1 is to get back on track and keep this blog up on a daily basis.  I have been really neglectful over the past while and as I am sure you can see by my weight it has had a very negative result in that area.  New and wonderful things have happened over the past several weeks and made me realize there are things that I want to ensure I am around for.  First is my new job starting January 11th, I am so excited.  I have been rather stale dated in my current position and felt that perhaps it was part of the reason I was so depressed.  I started to apply on some positions in different areas with my current employer and low and behold I actually got accepted for one.  This is not me bashing myself but rather being in amazement.  They say once you hit a certain age employers don't want to hire you as they feel you are starting to get ready for retirement and don't pay enough attention to detail.  Well I am here to tell you that I am 57 and the lady that will be my supervisor said she is looking forward to having me on her team and even went so far as to create a new position for myself and one other person because of our expertise in the area.  Wow.
Secondly, my son got engaged on Christmas day and the wedding is set for July of 2011 so I now have a very important event to work towards as well as getting my health in shape.  I have not felt this type of enthusiasm in some time. 
Today is a putting away day.  Time to take down the tree and find places for all the wonderful gifts I received.  I truly am blessed in so many ways. 

Breakfast
100 grams of fat free yogurt (35 calories)
1 egg, fried in non stick pan with vegetable spray
1 slice dry whole wheat toast
1/2 mandarin orange
1 Maxachinno (60 calories)

Lunch
2 cups green salad (romaine lettuce, cucumber and grape tomatoes)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 chicken soup with mini pasta

Dinner
4 oz pork tenderloin
1/2 cup steamed turnips
1/2 cup mashed potatoes
1 tablespoon gravy

Didn't get as much done today as I planned but not going to sweat over it, will finish up tomorrow.  Had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment