Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 22 - 286.4 lbs

I know it's been a few days since I posted.  I have been extremely exhausted from the past few days and did not even have the energy to open my blog.  I'm not even sure what day it was, Wednesday I think, but they took my Dad back into emergency in order to install a pacemaker.  So that meant I had to go in real early in the morning if I wanted to see him so as not to make the other members of my family uncomfortable by visiting at the same time they are.  Then we ended up with the sewer pipes breaking in the space over our office and we had to be moved to different offices throughout the hospital till they could find some new office space for us.  So it has been a week from hell.  Then after getting home from attending a wonderful Rally for my support group I find a message on Facebook from my brother.  He thinks I have become best friends with his ex-wife, just because I offered to have coffee with her when she was in town, and now he wants nothing to do with me.  My version of Family Feud, will it ever end.

I'll be honest I have not been keeping track of what I've been eating.  It's been such a messed up week and I have been so tired that I really didn't care what I ate.  I obviously didn't do to bad though as the scale this morning was 286.4, so I have managed to maintain a lose and under the circumstances that it almost a miracle to my way of thinking.

Someone left me a comment that I should get myself and my husband on a diabetic diet so that his sugars could be brought under control and I would be able to lose weight.  Bless her/his heart but it is the diet that his doctor gave him that I have been trying to follow.  My problem is that I let my emotions get in the way of my sensibility and they everything goes out the door.  Sometimes I think I need a shrink instead of a food plan.

2 comments:

  1. Life is so complicated sometimes. We all have such big goals and then real life gets in the way. We just have to keep on plugging away. Keep up the good work ! I'm right there with you ... trying to stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can do this...don't get discouraged. It sounds like it was a hetic and stressfull week. As the saying goes, It dosen't matter how many times you fall down. what matters, is how many times you get up.

    ReplyDelete