Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 5 - 285.6 lbs

07 Oct 09
285.6 pounds, 5837 steps (2.92 miles).  Looking good.  I woke up this morning with a feeling of accomplishment.  This is my fifth day and I have not faltered.  Normally by now I would have given up and just started eating everything in sight.  On my way home from meeting last night I heard an ad on the radio regarding a weight lose clinic and how this gentleman has lost a 130 pounds in 8 months.  The one thing that struck me was he said "it works, if you work it".  That is a saying from my 12 twelve step program and I thought about how I had tried this particular clinic and I lost very little weight and lots of money.  To top it off the food was absolutely disgusting due to all the heavy sauces and gravies they used to try to make it taste appealing.  I don't need to spend $150 a week on prepackaged food to accomplish my goal.  I'm not even sure that I will lose 130 pounds in 8 months, but I refuse to go back onto these quick fix programs.  This has to be a life style change not a quick fix.

Breakfast
3/4 cup bran flakes with 2 oz 1% milk
1/2 cup peach yogurt
4 canned plums and juice

Snack
Bran muffin

Lunch
1 cup beef barley soup
4 oz V8 juice
1 cup raw vegetables (celery, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli with 1 tablespoon ranch dressing)
1 cup mixed raw fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, orange slice)

Dinner
Shrimp Stirfry:
2 oz shrimp
1 cup vegetables (carrots, celery, green peppers, green onion)
1 tsp Italian salad dressing

2/3 cup brown rice
1 cup steamed broccoli

1 cup diet jello with 1 tablespoon lite coolwhip

The day was ok other than just before dinner.  I decided to lay down and have a half hour nap before beginning to prepare dinner.  I dozed for about 15 minutes and then started to think about all the things in the fridge that I should be eating.  I mean literally, I wanted to get up and go to the fridge and clean up whatever there was available.  It took me a few minutes to talk myself down but I managed to quiet the thoughts and things went back to normal.

I should explain how I am preparing my meals as it probably seems like a lot of work to go to just for such a small meal.  What I do is decide what we are having and then I measure of the amount of ingredients that I think will be enough for my husband and myself.  Once I have prepared the meal then I measure everything out for myself and the remainder goes to my husband unless I think that it may go over his alloted portions.  I'm getting pretty good at judging what is needed and I am really trying to cook lots of vegetables so that if we do go over it is healthy and calorie wise.

At this point I am struggling with the 1500 calorie meal plans that I printed off of a website.  I find some of the items a bit out of the ordinary for us and our tastes so I am adjusting and substituting what I think with be healthy alternatives.

Hubby said tonite he will not be beaten by a girl.  We'll see.

I had hubby take a picture of me from the neck down just so you can see what I am working on.  Even though it is a horrible picture I don't feel too bad about it.  I have to accept that this is who I am at the moment and that it is going to change slowly over the next little while.  Rome was not built in a day nor did all this excess weight show up overnight.  I cannot expect it to disappear immediately.  Patience, which I sometimes lack, will come into play over the next while I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment