Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 2 - 288.8 lbs

04 Oct 09
Now comes the point where I have to decide to be brutally honest with everyone or not say anything and figure no one will know the difference. Honesty it is. Did really well yesterday till hubby decided at 8:30 he wanted Dairy Queen and we have 2 for 1 coupons. Yep, you are right, I sucombed to a Peanut Buster Parfait. I must not become complacent about this even though the scale said 288.8 pounds this morning. A lose is a good thing but I do not want to convince myself that I can lose and still have treats. For yesterday my step counter registered 6730 (3.37 miles), need to get this up to 10,000 a day. I wonder if anyone will ever read this blog or will it just be like journaling for me? Either way it will keep me honest.

Meal plan for today:

Breakfast
3/4 cup rice krispies
3 oz 1% milk
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 cup raspberry yogurt
1 cup cranberry/raspberry juice

Lunch
Sandwich:
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 banana

1 medium carrot - raw

Dinner
2 oz baked pork chop
1 cup stovetop stuffing
1 cup cauliflower
1 1/4 cups cubed watermelon

1/2 cup raspberry sherbert

You may be wondering why I am using real sugar on my cereal.  Well, I am trying not to put any unknown chemicals in my body and articifical sweetners and margarine contain lots of chemicals.  So for the purpose of this project I will be using real sugar, butter and as many regular products as I can.  The yogurt that I am using does contain Splenda but it is almost the last ingredient listed so I feel that is okay.  We live in a world where foods are prepared with the fitness craze high on the list of priorities and in order to make them taste good they add extra fat, salt and sugar.  So my theory is that I can obtain my goal without the use of a lot of "diet products".  There are some things that will fall into that category such as my salad dressings but I use the calorie wise not the fat free as they have more sugar in them.

I managed to resist temptation at church this morning as Banana Bread and Tim Horton donuts were being served.  As long as I didn't go near the table I didn't find it that hard to resist.

Normally I would not have a snack in the evening but my emotions were running high tonite.  My son upset me.  He was out drinking and not bothering to give a thought to how his girlfriend sitting at home would feel about it.  Sometimes he reminds me to much of his dad.  I really wanted to just head for the fridge, cupboard or anywhere that there might be food.  But I settled for a small serving of sherbert instead.  Still not over the angry feeling and I will tell him how it makes me feel when I get a chance.  How I hate it when they are drinking......

No comments:

Post a Comment