Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 1 - 290.8 lbs

03 Oct 09
Yesterday I saw the movie Julia & Julie and thought if she could cook her way through a cookbook in one year by blogging perhaps it would work for me as a journey to weight lose. I've tried lots of other methods but never really been accountable to anyone but myself. This will make me accountable to the world. Today I weighed in at 190.8 pounds on a 5 foot 1 inch frame. Talk about being overweight! So if you are reading this and wish to share a comment I ask that you do not be rude or judgmental. Rather encouraging and helpful. Each day I will post my food plan and activities. By doing this I make a commitment to you the readers and to myself to ensure that I stick to it and get it done. I have one year from today to reach my goal weight of 155 pounds. Can I do it? That remains to be seen but with God's help and your encouragement I do so hope so.

Well it's been a busy day so far. Done the grocery shopping and cleaned up the yard before the snow comes. Did my grocery shopping from a list today which is totally out of the norm for me as usually I just wing it. Made out my food plan this morning for the next week and only bought what I needed. That's a new concept as well.

Today my food plan has consisted of:

Breakfast
1 slice dry whole wheat toast
1 egg fried in non stick pan with vegetable spray
1 container 0 fat yogurt
1 cup cranberry/raspberry juice

Lunch
Salad made with:
2 oz cooked shrimp
2/3 cup couscous
2 spears asparagus steamed
5 grape tomatoes

4 oz canned grapefruit

Dinner
2 oz grilled steak
1 cup potatoes au grautin
1 cup french green beans
1 1/4 cups cubed watermelon

Well that's it for the day. Seems like a nice healthy mixture of food. Seemed to satisfy, but this is only day one. I am sure that the cravings will return with a vengence once I am a little more relaxed. But for now it is one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time. There was a bit of a struggle earlier this afternoon. I really wasn't hungry but had a terrible urge to eat, I had a cup of green tea instead and that did the trick.

1 comment:

  1. That was my idea as well...brilliant! Thanks for visiting my blog www.amskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete