Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 3 - 287 lbs

05 Oct 09
Good morning!  Well scale reads 287 pounds.  Step counter read 4730 steps (2.37 miles).  Doing good here so far.  I don't want to think about it, but unfortunately my brain says otherwise, and still wondering if I can do this.  I thought for sure last evening's episode with my son would have thrown me off course but I managed to stay focused.  What will today bring as it is Monday and my weight loss group meeting and back to work.

Work is a difficult place for me as I work in a hospital.  They have a fantastic kitchen and when we go for morning coffee everyone usually has something to eat.  Today I am going to try and just get by with a cup of green tea.  I have to learn that I do not need to do as everyone else does.  The same goes for this evening.  Usually we go out for supper after the meeting.  Tonight I am going to try ordering a Steak Sandwich and eating only half of it.  I suppose I could skip going but I enjoy the socialization.  So these are my commitments for today.

Breakfast
3/4 cup rice krispies
3 oz 1% milk
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 canned peach

Lunch
Macaroni Salad:
2/3 cup cooked macaroni
1 1/2 cups raw vegetables (green onion, cucumber, celery, green pepper)
2 oz mozerella cheese cubes
2 tablespoons of salad dressing

1 half piece of lemon square (1" wide x 2" long x 1.5" high) made with graham cracker crumbs, lemon pudding and whipped cream

Dinner (going to try eating out by knowing before hand what I will order)
Steak Sandwich with baked potato, vegetables and garlic toast
Garden salad with small amount of dressing

So far it has been a good day, will see what happens this evening. If I can make it through this challenge I should be good to go.

Well I did it, ate out and managed quite well.  Ordered my dinner as above and put half the meat and potato in a take home container before I even began to eat.  Thought I would eat a whole slice of garlic toast and ended up bringing half of that home as well.

Weigh in was good tonite, down 5.4 pounds from 2 weeks ago.  Now I must explain here that I weighed in at 289.4 pounds tonight and it is different from what you see at the beginning of my blog each day.  The reason being is that when I weigh at home each morning it is without clothes on.  This gives me a better perspective of my actual weight as different sets of clothes can weigh different amounts.  But it was a good lose and I am proud of myself for doing it and keeping it all together tonight.  Atta girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment