Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 6 - 285.4 lbs

08 Oct 09
285.4 pounds 5351 steps (2.68 miles)

Well I just about blew it last evening.  I was getting things ready for my lunch today and without thinking cut a small slice of cheese and popped it in my mouth.  Wrong thing to do as that just led to all kinds of thoughts going through my head.  I looked at the loaf of bread on the counter and thought what the heck, no one will know.  Wanted to take the bread and pile on the peanut butter and just literally pig out.  Even had my hand on the knife but I managed to talk myself out of it and decided to make a better choice.  So I had instead:

3 teaspoons raspberry sherbet
1 bag Thinsations Shortbread Cookies
as well as the small piece of cheese

I probably didn't need any of it but I realized that when I have these urges I need to quiet them with something.  It's just a matter of substituting the good for the bad.  I never thought about how honest I need to be with myself, never mind others, when I get these urges.  Honesty is going to become the main focus of this blog I think. 

As hubby said last evening we need to look at food as simply fuel for our bodies.  Once we get that concept imprinted in our minds it should get easier.

Breakfast
3/4 cup of rice krispies with 3 oz 1% milk and 1/2 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup of blueberries
3/4 cup of raspberry yogurt

I must note here that I had thought the containers of yogurt I am using were 1/2 cup but they are actually 3/4.  It does make a difference as far as calorie count goes (35) but I want to be accurate in my food record.

Snack
Bran Muffin w/ 2 teaspoons butter

Lunch:
1/2 protien bar
1 cup raw celery and carrots
1/2 cup applesauce
2 oz hard cheddar cheese

Dinner
3 oz baked salmon with 1 tsp salad dressing & 1 tsp sour cream blended, spread over the top and sprinkled with parmesian cheese sprinkled on it  - delicious
2/3 cup coucous mixed with 1/2 cup brocoli
1 canned pear w/juice

Think we had dinner to early today, feeling kind of hungry right now.  Never sure if it is hunger or compulsive overeating.  Will not have anything tonite as I think that I over did it yesterday.  You will notice that I have added a snack in the morning.  This serves two purposes 1) provides me some additional fiber and 2) I tend to get too hungry between breakfast and lunch. 

It's been an awful day weather wise, snowing and blowing, I'm in no way wanting winter to be here yet.  It's way to early.  The roads were horrid on the main highways with lots of accidents.

My mom and brother's birthday today.  I sent mom flowers but that is all that I can do as we have a very strained relationship.  Hopefully she will enjoy them.  Sent brother a message on Facebook but didn't call him as he said he had been drinking all afternoon and I just can't deal with that.  My aunt called and said my uncle was back in the hospital here.  He is fighting colon cancer and so far not doing real good.  I will go up and see him tomorrow.  Never rains but it pours. 

Other than that just an ordinary day.  I did stop at the tire shop on the way home to price out some all season tires for the SUV, that's gonna cost an arm and a leg.  The price we pay to have the freedom of mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment