Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another storm or was it just my black mood ......

We had another thunder storm roll through last night and this time it came in the middle of the night.  The thunder was really intense with lots of hial.  I got up and looked out side at the sky and the clouds were rolling.  The thunder just kept booming and just when we thought it was moving on the storm circled around and came in for another round.

Things are better today we managed to avert a major financial disaster so now just have to be really careful with finances and we should be able to weather the storm (talk about a play on words).  I canceled my weekend in Banff so there are some savings there, couldn't cancel Vegas as everything is already paid for so I had better really have a good time.

Utilities are all caught up and we should be able to hold our heads above water for the next few months if we are really careful.  I bought some lettuce at the store the other day and for the first time in my life I am going to have hubby return it.  It stinks and has turned all yucky in the bad.  Tired of paying good money after bad for unedible produce.  They can stand behind thier money back if not satisfied guarantee.

Sorry, had to leave in the middle of the post as hubby wanted his dinner.  Food has been ok for the past couple of days, but no screaming hell.  Seems like I start out good and end up bad.  Tomorrow is another day and a fresh start.

2 comments:

  1. Being careful - we know it so well - :) - you are doing good [and the analogy is awesome! storms, yes.]

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you averted the major financial disaster! I hope everything starts looking up now :)
    And don't you feel bad about taking the lettuce back! You wouldn't sell them crap, and you shouldn't expect to buy it either!

    I've been having the same thing, start off good and then it goes down hill. I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete