Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 236 - Some good news ...

Well Kirsten got let out of the hospital today after a mirad of tests, no internal injuries.  They also found that she has two broken bones in her back.  They didn't see them on the main x-rays but they showed up on the CAT scan.  She will have to take it easy for a while but she is going to be ok.

My dad called tonight and said they have him scheduled for his heart tests on Friday, so they put a rush on that as well.  So it looks as if life may be getting back to some form of normal.  We can't do anything about getting hubby in to the surgeon any faster so for now we wait.

I've totally not been watching my diet, one minute I'm not hungry and the next I'm starving.  Still not binging but definitely overeating at times.  Going to try and get back on track tomorrow and start posting meals again.

Thank you all for your thoughts, comments and prayers, they mean a lot to me.

3 comments:

  1. And the good new was...? Gee Tessa, I am so sorry to hear all of that. Poor Kirsten! And as for making your husband wait, the mind boggles as to why they would do that. It makes me want to scream (on your behalf). I suggest the only way to get through this is to take the very BEST care of yourself that you possibly can. I once went through something awful that took a year and a half of waiting. A Doctor suggested to me the technique called 'controlled worrying'. You get an exercise book. At a set time ONCE a day, you write down everything that's on your mind for 1 hour. Do nothing else but worry, and let it all out. The rest of the time, when worries come up, you try to say to yourself "I can't do anything about that right now. And it is not time for worrying just now." I used this technique and it really worked. Hugs, xxoo Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I'm glad they don't have to wait, now hopefully it will be your hubby's turn for some news soon!
    When are they getting married? Hopefully she is all better by then!
    Glad to see your going to write down your food. As bad as I do sometimes, I know it would be triple that bad if I didn't have to write it down! LOL
    Good luck! With EVERYTHING :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't said a lot through all this, because I don't really know what to say other than, "Oh gee whiz, that sucks", which is lame, and because stuff like what you are going through with your husband's condition get me so angry I can't see straight. When my daughter was 10 months old, she had a staph infection, and the doctor was insisting on a very dangerous course of action. IT took me threatening physical assault for the Dean of Medicine to see my way of thinking. I have no great love for hospitals or the health care system. And don't get me started on our own here in the US, nor the supposed fixes to it. Just don't. Really.

    Anyway, you have to be due for some good luck, Tessa. You just have to.

    ReplyDelete