Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 219 - Mother's Day

Every year for many years I have dreaded Mother's Day.  There have been instances over the years that took the joy out of looking forward to this day.  Last year was a great year and this year was even better.  I don't think I'll ever forget all the missed Mother's Days but at least I can go forward from here.

Went to Trevor's today and had a lovely lunch of lasgana, salad and banana cream pie.  Portions were watched and calories forgotten about.  They even got me driving the quad and all I could hear was Trevor saying "Look at you, you can do it."  I have a great bunch of kids, and they all called or facebooked me.  The time spent at Trev's was worth the 4 hours of driving time.  I hope everyone had a wonderful day, I'm back on track starting tomorrow cuz I have a whole lot of Mother's Days to make up for.

2 comments:

  1. That's it - look towards tomorrow because yesterday is already gone [and you don't have Mother's Day to make up for I am sure - just enjoy the next 50 okay? :D]

    Your day sounds so lovely [and yummy!] I am glad you got to talk/see all the kids.

    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tessa, Im sad to hear there were times in the past that were not all they could have been. Im glad you had a great time at Trev's. You quadbiking is something Id love to see! Yee-ha! Good for you, getting gradually back to not eating everything in sight. Look, I totally symathize. I have days like that. You think, in for a penny, in for a pound. Its a slippery slope all the way to...bump! The bottom, I guess! xox

    ReplyDelete