Sunday, January 23, 2011

Is God watching???

We haven't been to church in months due to hubby being so sick but this morning I got up and knew I had to go with or without him.  I didn't want to go alone so I prayed that God would give him the strength to be able to go and He did.  We had an awesome time, the sermon was just what I needed to hear and all the hugs were fantastic.  Not only that they have started a new program where members of the church provide a slow cooker meal and newcomers or those that have been away for awhile are invited to have lunch with the Pastor and his family.  Now you have to understand our church is a very small church (maybe 35 members in total) so when someone is away for awhile it affects everyone.  We had a wonderful time visiting with Pastor Bear and his family and it felt so good to be home.  I needed to go, my attitude towards life with dealing with insurance companies, dumb doctors and incompetent co-workers was pushing me over the edge.

I've been experiencing chest pains from the stress and a very upset digestive system to boot.  Today I needed to be in the house of the Lord and just give my problems to Him as I can no longer carry the burden. 

I don't expect everyone who reads this to agree with me or share my beliefs and that is okay.  I have gone from crying almost none stop yesterday to having a peaceful easy feeling today.  No matter how we obtain that point of sanity we need to reach out to whomever or whatever it takes to realign our lives. 

I've been struggling so much these past months, worrying about health and finances that I had forgotten there is someone out there that can carry this burden for me.  Thank you God for being my rock.

Hubby finally booted me out of the house yesterday and told me to go do something for myself.  I decided to get my hair done and I must admit I did feel better afterwards.  It cost me $135 but hubby said it was money well spend to give me a much needed couple of me hours.  I do love this man so and pray constantly that the doctors will decide what to do.  He is now being sent to see a Rhuemoidologist and then we hope there will be some clearer answers.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, He cares and He IS watching! ((( hugs ))) Sometimes the difficult times can derail us and we need to get our focus back. Glad you had a good Sunday and that your hubby could go with you to church.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have found peace then it doesn't matter what any of the rest of us believe. I am glad that you are feeling better and that you had some good "me" time is awesome!! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful hubs there Tessa - and I say "YES!" to money well spent.

    I dare anyone to disagree with the easy, peaceful feeling you get from being surrounded by that kind of love. I am so happy you enjoyed it...it sounds like a wonderful, lovely time.

    Love and hugs to you Tessa.

    ReplyDelete