Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back on line .............

I know I've been missing for a few days.  Our internet went down again and my computer was having some issues but looks like both have been revived.  It has been really cold and snowy here for the last week.  Temps in the -30 C range with lots of snow and really high winds.  Some streets are almost impassable and they just the main routes cleared and start on the side streets when we get another heavy dump and they have to go back to the main routes again.  All you hear everywhere is complaints about the weather but it is winter and it is Alberta so if you don't like stick around for 5 minutes and it will change.  Perdicted to go from this deep freeze to plus temps by Wednesday, see what I mean.  I do love winter just hate the snow shovelling when it is packed and drifts are 4 feet high.

Son and grandson are here for the weekend, celebrating grandson's 13th birthday.  I can't believe where the time goes, seems like yesterday I was anxiously awaiting that call to let me know he had made an appearance.  Son took pity on me yesterday and bought me a snow thrower.  When you are vertically challenged it is hard to get that shovel of snow over the top of the stuff aready piled up.

Food has been ok these past few days, daily wiegh ins seem to have a flucuation of 1 - 2 pounds so not sure what that is all about.  TOPS weigh in tomorrow night so will see what happens.  Haven't been as careful as I should have been I am sure.

2 comments:

  1. I love the term "vertically challenged". heehee - How about your 13 year old grand son do it - my daughters are taller than me and I make them do for us. That's what they are there for. :D [j/k]

    Btw - just how many lovely grandchildren do you have Tessa - I have lost track. :)

    Good luck tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love the snow!! All it does around here is rain ~ I think we've had about 2 inches this weekend ~ Yikes!!

    Time does fly!! Enjoy your grandson!!

    Keep focused!!

    ReplyDelete