Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 56 - 284.4 lbs

Well, I had enough nerve this morning to step on the scale and see what the last month's damage was.  Not as bad as I expected.  I've had a good morning.  Shoveled snow from the front driveway and sidewalk.  Finished my Christmas shopping and did my grocery shopping and all before 11:00 a.m.  I like to get to the stores early in the morning as I do not do well in crowded places.  Didn't do breakfast this morning before leaving the house but now enjoying a bit of brunch.

Brunch
1 pkg Maxwell House Maxachinno (60 calories)
1 mandarin orange
100 g 0% yogurt (35 calories)
1 slice whole wheat toast w/1 teaspoon peach jelly

Afternoon Snack
1 cup black tea
1 pkg Thinsations Shortcake Sables (100 calories)

Dinner
10 oz Sweet Red Chili Stir Fry (.366 grams pork stir fry meat/1 small onion - sliced/2 medium carrots - sliced/1 yellow & 1 red bell pepper - sliced/ 3 stalks celery - sliced/1 can mushroom stems and pieces/1/4 cup sweet red chili sauce)
2/3 cup Harvest Medley Rice (contains Calmarti Brown Rice, Wild Rice, Heirloom Red Rice and Sweet Brown Rice)
1 cup black tea

This is the first meal I have actually cooked in over a month.  It felt good to be back in the kitchen again inventing a healthy meal.  The stir fry was a little spicy but not bad.  I used the Chili sauce just to add some flavor and it is lower in calories than a sweet and sour sauce.  As most of the stir fry was vegetables I think 10 ounces was an ok portion.  Normally I would have around 3 to 4 ounces of meat and lots of veggies and it looked a lot like that amount to me.  Guess the scale will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment