Saturday, September 25, 2010

Smarten Up Pill ..........

I was reading through some of the blogs I follow this morning and came across one that literally popped my eyes open and made myself wonder what the HELL I am trying to do to myself (http://annssmalljourney.blogspot.com/).  Wow, how her post set off a series of thought processes in my mind. 

Sometimes I lay awake at night too scared to close my eyes for fear I will die in my sleep, knowing full well that fear comes from the fact that I am packing around another person on my frame besides myself.  Do I want to die .... of couse not, nobody does.  So then why do I continue to allow myself to eat unhealthy and constantly run that risk?

As I read the comments in regards to Ann's post I realized how lucky I really am as there is not a lot of history in my family regarding heart disease or deaths from heart problems.  In fact most of my ancestors have lived to be well into their 80's and 90's.  Does that make me complacent....... you bet it does, because of course it could never happen to me.  A doctor once told me I will never die from a heart attack as my cholesterol levels are right in target.  And again, in comes the wow factor .........I've got it made, no heart attack for me.  How stupid is that?  He neglected to tell me about all the other things that could go wrong in my body...... diabetes, digestion problems, etc. ..... Now I need to take the things posted on Ann's blog as gospel and start believing that if I don't change my ways, I will become a statistic.

Thank you Ann for this post, it was definitely an eye opener.  For some that read it they will just go ..ya, whatever .... and go along as they always have and become that statistic.  Not me, I am going back to read it over again, and again, and again so that it is a constant reminder of what can happen if you don't pay attention to what you are putting your body through. 

With this all in my head, so dawns another day and another chance to do things right, and it could possibly be my last chance.  I will forge forward from today and make those eating choices to hopefully get my weight down some more and get healthy.  Anyone with me???

Breakfast
latte
1 egg omelette w/red pepper, green onion & sprinkling of cheese
1 slice whole wheat toast
4 oz yogurt

Lunch
1 cup beef barley soup
1 Stouffer's Pepperoni Crustini (340 calories)
1 glass Zero Iced Tea

Dinner
5 PotStickers (190)
3 oz pork tenderloin
1 cup steamed veggies
1/2 cup cucumbers
1 latte

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tessa! I just found you from your comment on Ann's blog. I am with you....I want nothing more than to get my weight down and get healthy, for myself, sure, but for my grand kids,too....they deserve a healthy, happy, Nanny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that too, definitely makes you think!
    My cousin had a heart attack, he isn't even 40 yet, and not NEARLY as heavy as I am. That was my wake up call. Even though I had a wake up call, I still struggle, but I know I am going to continue loose this weight and be healthy :) We both are!

    I saw your comment on her other post, about how much you've lost. If you have posted that here, I forgot!!! Ann is right, you lost all that and you should own it- that's awesome!!! It should be up there with your 15 pounds lost!!!!

    Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete