Thursday, September 23, 2010

Food for thought ..............

What an amazing sentence..........FOOD FOR THOUGHT.  When you really stop and think about it, food is most times for overeaters a thought.  We think about it constantly, whether we are trying to change our eating habits or looking to binge.  What were your food thoughts today?

I'm usually pretty good till after work and then my brain goes into power drive.  Even when I make an early dinner and vow that I am not going to get into anything else for the rest of the evening, I usually end up having my mind wonder to what is in the pantry or cupboards that I can get into.  I've been really good about not eating after dinner as I know that doing so will only lead to a night of no sleep due to relux.  So what I have been doing is telling myself that if I want any of the food in the pantry/cupboards I have to eat it at dinner time.  Usually I am feeling full from dinner so it is only FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Yesterday was a really busy day at work, I had my first teleconference call for the Steering Committee and then we had a Staff Engagement Session in the afternoon.  Totally exhausting because I actually had to use the intelligent part of my brain instead of the part that is in work mode and knows what it is doing.  That probably sounds a bit silly but it is true.  I work with numbers all day so they have become routine, but when we have these meetings I have to use my logical thinking skills and that sometimes sucks.

Our granddaughter became a teenager today, oh woo to her parents.  I remember turning 13 and causing my parents (my mom in particular) all kinds of grief.  Actually she's a good kid so I don't think they will have too many problems.

Breakfast
1 cup rice krispies w/milk
4 oz yogurt
1 mandarin orange fruit cup

Lunch
Smart Choice Seasame Chicken
1 chocolat pudding cup

Dinner
2 pieces frozen pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment