Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Update ....

Wow, where does the time go?  A person gets so darn busy they just don't seem to have enough time in a day.  I should have been here last week and the week before but things got real crazy and I just totally run out of energy.

Weigh In Report
Unfortunately last week I had a gain but this week I managed to lose a pound.  No excuses for the gain I just forgot to be careful.  It's amazing how a few little "it won't counts" can add up in a hurry.  Need to be more concious of what I am putting in my mouth that is for sure.

Washer and Dryer Update
Well after some anxious moments the repair man came by and found a motor mound that had not been secured.  So once that was in place everything was a go.  I am totally in love with them, they are truly the smartest laundry pair I have come across.  They are definitely built to be energy efficient so that is a plus for me.  Especially since our city utility costs are going up next month. 

Work has been busy.  Unfortunately, I have lost 4 clients in the past couple of weeks.  It always makes me sad when I learn that someone has passed away.  But sometimes for my client base it is a blessing but more so that we are able to provide the means for them to stay in their own homes with family and friends around them. 

I have also become a beta reader for a good friend of mine that is becoming a writer.  Her first story will be puvlished on April 1st.  I am honored that she chose me to review her writing and give my opinion.  It means a lot to me to think that I have played a small part in the creation of something that many people will be able to enjoy.  She is only going to e e-publishing for now and I wish her the very best of success.

My dad turned 81 on Saturday.  I have suddenly come to realize that the amount of time that we have left with him maybe limited.  I sit and reflect on my childhood and all the lessons in life that he taught us.  I'm not sure what I will do when he is no longer here so for now I will cherish each and every moment that I get to spend with him.  They are all so precious.

Skippy, if you read this, please know that my heart goes out to you on the lose of your beloved pet.  They are so much a part of our families that the pain can be unbearable.  Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and that I send massive hugs to you all.

1 comment:

  1. My beloved ILs are both 80 - and they are get up and go types. I sometimes forget that 80 IS 80 and maybe. . .then I see Pooldad's grandma who just turned 100 and I think I probably have more years left. [She is also sharp as a tack - you'd never think she was 100] I guess what I mean is, we never know. But I am with you - I cherish that we have them. Every moment of everyday.

    Thank you so much for you nice words. We miss him terribly, but time will make it easier. He's a good dog. Big goofball dog.

    Have a wonderful week and congrats to your friend.

    ReplyDelete