Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Are You Missing a Cat?

Well after spending two hours cleaning out my 6 x 4 laundry room I have come to the conclusion that someone needs to invent washers and dryers that have a build in vacuum system to clean around the bottom and behind them.  I will admit that I probably should clean the laundry room more than once every ten years but it is quite a difficult project and definitely not high on my list of priorities.

We got the old set out (it is waiting patiently to be picked up in the morning and taken to that big appliance warehouse in the sky), and low and behold there were the missing socks that I knew I had seen as well as at least two inches of dust bunnies. 

Hubby decided he would vacuum out the vent hose and I'm pretty sure that he found a missing cat.  When the vaccum hit the end of the hose out came a dust bunny the size of a football.

But on the positive side the laundry room is clean, the dust bunnies have been collected in the vaccum and I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new washer and dryer tomorrow.

Will it be another 10 years before the next cleaning?  I'm not sure but if it is you can bet it isn't me that is going to be doing it.........I'll be much to old and frail.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! I'm feeling guilty about my laundry room. Geez! :-)

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be very excited!:)

    I do have to say tho' - your vent hose isn't funny - it's dangerous. It is one of the leading causes of house fires from the build up of lint [dust bunnies] & the heat of the dryer.

    It is really easy to clean & should be done at least once a month. I don't want anything to happen to you!

    Okay -that is my public service announcement for the day. heehee

    Enjoy your new appliances.

    ReplyDelete