Sunday, October 16, 2011

When life hands you lemons ..........

make lemonade!!!  So today is the day after my birthday, yesterday was a great day!  We went out for lunch with my folks and I did really well (steak sandwich - 7 oz sirloin steak, bean and carrot veggies, 1/2 slice garlic toast and garden salad w/small dab of dressing).  Then, oh oh, here comes the kicker(s) - restaurant gives free dessert to birthday diners - yep, I did, mango cheesecake.  Then my Mom made an apple dessert that I could not resist - even though she made it with Splenda it still had lots of calories in the crust.  Why, oh why do I do this to myself.  Excuse - it was my birthday!  Acceptable excuse - not really.

So today I am starting to be a good girl and work my program without treats (thanks Dawn you really motivated me).  We really don't need anything but basic food to fuel our bodies, so why can't I put that in motion?  Hubby and I had this discussion the other day.  I think in the back of my mind I don't look in a mirror and see the flab.  I see what I want to see and believe what I want to believe no matter how detrimental it may be.

I downloaded SparksPeople onto my i-pod so I can track my calories and weight on a daily basis.  I'm also going to start using my Wii at least half an hour a day. 

1 comment:

  1. Your birthday sounds like a lot of fun. Nothing better than spending it with loved ones. :D Glad you had such a great day.

    ReplyDelete