Thursday, January 17, 2013

Surgical Consult

Met with the surgeon yesterday, she was really nice and made me feel real comfortable.  Surgery (lumpectomy) is scheduled for January 24th in Edmonton.  Have to do pre-admission clinic on the 23rd and get wired the morning of of 24th (they will place a fine wire in the lump so she can find it when she goes in).  I do have to complete 5 weeks of radiation about 4 weeks after the surgery but then it looks like that will be the end of it.  She said it is really tiny and most likely localized but she wants me to do radiation just to be on the safe side. 

It's all happening really fast, I am scared but relieved that we found it early enough that it will be a small amount of time to get through it.  My sister is still getting her radiation treatments and she was diagnosised in April 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment