Monday, June 13, 2011

Church Picnic ....

We had to take our TOPS picnic inside tonight as Mother Nature decided to dump rain on our parade.  We have our meetings in the basement of a local church so we just had a "church" picnic.  I was extremely proud of all our members tonight, their pot luck dishes were light salads and light desserts.  There is always lots of food to go around but it was nice to see that everyone was thinking healthy.  We didn't have any potato or macaroni salads, they were all vegetable salads.  Desserts were fruit with light topping and watermelon.  For once I feel as if they actually heard what I said and even listened. 

I had precooked our meal so all I had to do was heat it up.  I sauted some chicken breasts and diced them up then added 1/2 a boiled potato, 1/2 cup green peas and green onions, wrapped it all up in a tinfoil pouch and that with salad was great.

It's hard to decide what to take to a potluck when there are so many tempting things out there. Usually we end up with lots of bought salads and desserts but this time they really put an effort into it and you could tell that everyone was pleased. 

Offical weigh in tonight saw me at 287.2 lbs.  That put me down 3.4 lbs from my last weigh in 2 weeks ago.  I'm pleased with that, it's going to be a slow but steady pace that I want to set for myself.  I have really been there for the members this week.  We have a facebook page and anyone that posted they were struggling I made sure I gave them a call with some encouragement.  They need me as much as I need them so hopefully I have found the winning combination.

Work is busy but I really do enjoy this new position, it is so much less stressful.  My manager wants to give me a title but he doesn't like the words clerk or administrative assistant.  I've been trying to come up with some ideas but so far a blank.  Can anyone think of a position title that describes both those things but doesn't use the words?  He sent me an e-mail today and said I was doing a fantastic job, made my day.

3 comments:

  1. That is great that you have the support Tessa & of course you are there for your pals - that's why we love you so much :D You are a great friend.

    Congrats on the loss - awesome sauce - like they say "slow & steady wins the race."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Tessa and good for your TOPS group too! I find it's inspiring when other make/serve healthy food items - it seems to be catchy! ;) And GREAT WI!!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're his Gal Friday

    ReplyDelete